Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 5538
Requisition Number: R6934
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNAL PROMOTION
- 6 months between department transfers
- No active corrective actions
- 3 or less attendance occurrences
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directly supervises and oversees the workmanship for all mechanical, facilities and electrical staff
- Provides technical work direction or develops solutions to specific technical problems.
- Establish, execute, and manage autonomous, predictive and preventative maintenance programs, schedules and record keeping of all facility and manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain neat, clean, orderly work areas Perform special projects as assigned
- Supervise facilities staff and contracted services
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates, schedules, personnel, utility and material requirements
- Assist in the procurement of outside contractors to carry out specific mechanical or electrical assignments.
- Identify and collect data to justify equipment and manpower additions.
- Supervise improvement projects, equipment moves and capital equipment installations.
- Drive safe and healthy work practices within the team while strictly following all safety rules and regulations. This includes insuring OSHA compliance in the maintenance, contractor and custodial teams.
- Identify environmental, safety and ergonomic risks and develop and execute plans for improvement.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years maintenance experience required
- Plant services experience required with mechanical, electrical maintenance, paint systems, conveyor systems, robotics, plumbing and HVAC experience highly desired.
- Metal working knowledge is a plus (including welding and fabrication).
- Knowledge of OSHA/safety guidelines, procedures and policies related to maintenance and repair (specifically Arc Flash, Lock Out/Tag Out and OSHA 30 hr training) required.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret design drawings and tooling prints
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Availability and willingness to work overtime as required; "on-call" duty is required
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work well with little supervision.
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment with high technology driven processes
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Maintenance Supervisor
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US