Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 5539
Requisition Number: R7003
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Transport materials and product from, to, and within department assigned. Process various inventory transactions while maintaining 99% inventory accuracy for your area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use forklift to move materials and product within department as instructed. This may include steel coils, dies, baskets and containers, vinyl, welded components, etc.
- Load and unload trucks at shipping and receiving docks as instructed.
- Verifies part numbers, quantities, and purchase order information against packing slips.
- Team members are expected to work wherever needed based on training.
- Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
- Accurately complete paperwork required for production records. This includes items such as labor reporting, move tickets, SPC charts, manifests, etc.
- Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area.
- Operate Radio Frequency equipment to transact inventory.
- Cycle count inventory and research problems.
- Process small parcel (UPS) shipments and receipts.
- Complete company provided training.
- Process outbound shipments and inbound receipts.
- Pick boxed merchandise from warehouse.
- Print bar code label to identify product.
- Operate forklift out-of-doors in a scrap dumping operation.
- Audits the warehouse inventory to reconcile locations against computer files.
- Investigates inventory discrepancies and concludes the most probable cause of errors.
- Prepares a daily report of audit results.
- Keys all warehouse inventory adjustments.
- Assists with statistical samples.
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice.
- Participate in PCI process. Perform special projects as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to operate numerous forklifts: electric stand-up, electric sit-down, L.P. and side load, in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Ability to read and understand routings, work orders, manifests, and production reports.
- Ability to count accurately.
- Certification as Polaris forklift driver required.
- Ability to take instructions and work with little supervision.
- Ability to operate overhead crane.
- Ability to use MAPICS computer software.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Team Player with focus on customer service and quality.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, and squat.
- Stand and walk up to eight hours per day and reach overhead continuously.
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
- It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to twelve hours a day.
All interest candidates are required to complete a 16-hour(over a periodof 4 days)training program with AIDT for consideration. An offer of employment can be made at anytime during the training period. However, the offer is contingent upon the training being completed, and theresults of pre-employment checks.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Material Handler
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US