Supply Chain Constraints Analyst
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5556
Requisition Number: R7042
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Supply Chain Constraints Analyst is a business partner for the Central Planning, Sourcing, SIOP and Operations teams. Using outputs from a newly-developed toolset, this role will perform analysis of demand & supplier capacity to identify potential supply chain constraints & begin mitigation efforts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, highlighting risks to key stakeholders related to supplier constraints that lead to Global Business Unit (GBU) allocation determinations, analyzing and communicating potential shortage impacts, facilitating and leading discussions that require quick turnaround decisions and developing tools that will support continuous improvement activity.
- Identify & perform initial assessment of potential supply chain constraints utilizing multiple systems
- Work directly with supply base to validate constraint & begin mitigation efforts
- Highlight risks to cross-functional key stakeholders related to supplier constraints and escalate when appropriate
- Work with GBU's to understand risk to build/ship targets
- Lead discussions with key internal and external stakeholders that require quick turnaround decisions
- Develop continuous improvement tools through automation that will drive efficiencies for the planning team
- Recommend new data sources & metrics for inclusion in Capacity monitoring toolsets
- Update or create standard workflow documentation
- Assist Central Planning & Sourcing teams in resolving other planning or supply-based issues
- Support other tasks as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge
- BA/BS degree required.
- 2-5 years of experience in purchasing, planning or materials
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and functions
- Strong, quick decision making skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels of organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize large amount of data quickly and remain calm under pressure
- Must have current PC/Software proficiency including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of MRP systems, Alteryx and Power BI experience preferred.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Supply Chain Constraints Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US