Design Engineer - Routings
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 5562
Requisition Number: R6868
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
- Responsible for the design of flexible routings for Off Road Vehicles
- • Design routings to maximize volume and space clearances while minimizing impact from environmental and NVH conditions
- • Understand and enhance routing engineering standards, specifications, and lessons learned.
- • Support Routing Integration Engineers with routing updates.
- • Work with Routing Integration Engineers on project goals and product specifications.
- • Participate in routing design reviews.
- • Contribute in routing peer team meetings and FMEA meetings.
- • Support presentations in key design gate meetings.
- • Support manufacturing with problem resolution and assembly-friendly new product designs.
- • Work with manufacturing to ensure routing process documentation is up to date and accurate for ORV products.
- • Provide vehicle routing technical support to the product development team.
- • Benchmark tools and processes related to system routings and propose integration within engineering.
- • Other duties as required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- • B.E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent required.
- • 4 + years of experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package and/or 3-D routing programs required, Creo Parametric / Pro Engineer preferred. (piping, 1+ year exp) (cabling, harnessing 2+ years exp)
- • 1 plus years of light bracketry design experience
- • Windchill/PRS experience
- • Experience in vehicle routings including but not limited to the following: electrical harnesses, fuel lines, coolant lines, oil lines, and HVAC.
- • Flattening & drafting at a harness design experience level
- • GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups and experience with engineering standards preferred.
- • Work independently on general direction.
- • Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize workload.
- • Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
- • Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principals, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- • Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- • Quality and customer focused.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required.
- • Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint experience required.
- • Fast paced office environment.
- • Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with global team.
- • International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Engineer - Routings
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN