Human Factors Specialist (Ergonomist)
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5577
Requisition Number: R7065
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As the Human Factors Specialist (Ergonomist) for Polaris, you will provide expertise on Human Factors and Ergonomics within the broad-spectrum of vehicles that we manufacture. This is a pivotal role that works closely with Industrial Designers, Product Management and the Engineering program teams to develop industry leading ergonomics throughout the design process. You will help consolidate ergonomic activities across the organization under the direction and guidance of the Chief Engineer Human Factors and Ergonomics.
The Ergonomist Is Responsible For
- Help with seating development, measuring, controlling development to production.
- Must be able to help establish various seating reference points.
- Human modelling CAD assessments.
- Ingress/ egress- analysis, proposals for improvement.
- Accessibility- in cab or on-vehicle.
- Hand and foot controls - reach and dexterity studies.
- All vehicle experience including seated and straddled riding configurations for SXS, ATV, Snow, Motorcycle and Industrial equipment configurations.
- Capability to lay-out and passenger/ driver area for any vehicle.
- Benchmarking and establishing basic vehicle configurations for all products to help with repeatability and refinement.
- Task Analysis.
- Ergonomic specific research.
- Anthropometric research and studies.
- Assists Industrial Designers through critical thinking and problem solving of human factors
- Ability to work with and influence engineers and suppliers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ergonomic Analysis / Recommendations - 80% time spent
- Lead Ergonomic Peer Team (Engineering) - 10% time spent
- Interface with UI/UX team - 10% time spent
Skills, Knowledge & Education
- Vehicle systems experience 1-5 years.
- BS/MS with Human Factors/Ergonomics focus.
- Large OEM experience a bonus.
- Human modelling CAD experience a plus.
- Good leadership skills.
- Powersports experience a plus.
- Good team player.
- Flexibility with a changing environment.
- Aesthetic sensitivity a plus.
- Team-based, collaborative, fast-paced, office / studio environment
B.Sc. educated minimum.
Courses in Anatomy, Physiology, Biomechanics, Survey Methods, Experimental design, Anthropometry, and Task Analysis of great value. Digital Human Modelling/Human CAD work, Product design, Cognitive Psychology all beneficial.
- Bachelor's degree in Ergonomics, Human Kinetics, Kinesiology, Human Engineering or related Engineering field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience applying ergonomic principles and ergonomic analysis tools in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge and/or proficiency in primary and secondary ergonomic analysis tools including: Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills.
Years Of Experience Required
1-5 Years Experience
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Human Factors Specialist (Ergonomist)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US