Sr. Software Engineer - Vehicle Controls
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5592
Requisition Number: R7157
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Control Systems in our Global Electrical, Embedded, & Connected Systems organization you will be Responsible for performing activities concerned with the design, implementation, testing, and release of vehicle controls application software, from concept to production implementation. This role has no direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes reasonable project development schedules from concept to production implementation using the Polaris Development Process.
- Work with the product teams' electrical and system engineers to develop prototype vehicle control software and algorithms.
- Design application software based on application software requirements received from ECU owners.
- Document software unit requirements using Integrity (a requirement and software management tool).
- Implement model-based control software in MATLAB/Simulink based on software unit requirements in compliance with internal standards.
- Integrate, build, and release software using MATLAB/Simulink coder and target specific build toolchains.
- Manage and support the execution of software unit and application software requirements-based functional verification.
- Support the creation and maintenance of processes, tools, standards, and training used by the team.
- Root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
- Other engineering duties as required.
- Travel (domestic or international) may be required
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. or higher in Engineering required; Electrical, Software, Computer or related desired 5+ years' experience in electrical and computer programming.
- Experience with Simulink required.
- Experience with communication networks required, CAN, UDS, and J1939 strongly preferred
- Experience with software V&V efforts including MIL/SIL, unit testing, and related documentation required
- Experience in project management strongly preferred
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety strongly desired
- Embedded hardware and electronic circuit experience a plus
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting methods required
- Familiarity with requirement and test case management in any requirement/software development database application as well as configuration management preferred.
- Hands on experience using electrical test and assembly equipment
- Automotive or off-road vehicle electrical system knowledge preferred but not required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Software Engineer - Vehicle Controls
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US