Supplier Quality Engineer, NPI
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5623
Requisition Number: R7253
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Lead development & execution of Risk Mitigation activities for team project management deliverables, including scope, timeline, risk, and communication. Work with other Project Management Leaders across category and implementation teams to provide holistic view of program status. Coach and Continuously improve the project management processes for team transitions and defined work implementation. Identify and share lessons learned across teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan,manage risk mitigation strategies, andlead related projects and ongoing initiatives
- Work closely with other Project Management Leaders, Program Manager, Category Leaders, and Implementation Leaders to ensure all aspects of the project are successfully completed
- Provide support and feedback to Product Groups when determining existing supplier suitability for future business awards
- Report out on risk mitigation progress through assigned programs
- Review designs / components determined as high risk for correct identification of Key Inspection Characteristics (KICs) and correct application of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing principles to ensure measurement and manufacturing feasibility
- Collaborate with Commodity SQE and Polaris Engineering during design reviews to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Assist Suppliers to maintain 100% PPAP compliance for all pre-production and production builds
- Drive use of effective problem-solving skills.
- Facilitate identification and sharing of lessons learned & best practices across teams.
- Report readiness status and action plans on deficiencies to project team
- Perform special projects asrequired, including: lean Business process development and value add engineering projects
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS degree in Engineering required. Preference for Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum3 - 5years' experience in supplier quality or quality engineering
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Visio skills
- Experience in project management and use of project management tools.
- Project Management Certification (CAPM, PMP) preferred
- Strong problem solving skills. Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports
- Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to PPAP, SPC, APQP, DOE and Quality Systems
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment.
- Fast-paced office environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineer, NPI
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US