Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5631
Requisition Number: R7283
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Self-Help Digital Writer researches common end-user pain points from a variety of sources to author and update articles for Self-Help across all product lines. Works directly with Service team as the conduit between our Riders and departments across Polaris and is responsible for advocating for owner-centric solutions. Requires the ability to provide positive, concise and accurate communication in writing. The articles will be based on our owner's needs in the form of self-help content to improve the owner experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide information on a variety of complex owner service issues with knowledge of Powersports products
• Model superior service to all of Polaris, represent our brand and actively enhance it with all levels of owners
• Infuse the voice of the owner into Self-Help digital content, improving owner experience
• Proof, edit, critique, & approve content and articles
• Gain proficiency in various administration and automated workflow systems
• Function within a team environment and actively participate in achieving team goals
• Executes daily review of web analytics to drive content article backlog or article improvements
• Research, validate, enhance or create the information necessary to generate accurate, timely publications including owner and Dealer-facing website content and internal owner service policy documents
• Develop strong working relationships with service engineering, marketing and service personnel to obtain or develop product information, service procedures and to verify accuracy of publications
• Additional roles and responsibilities as required to result in an exceptional, timely, accurate and user-friendly publication that fully supports the needs of our internal and external owners
• Contributor to service-related content for Polaris Podcasts
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
• Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred, &/or Associate's Degree with equivalent work experience is required.
• 2+ years writing, consumer service or marketing experience
• Excellent written communication skills and grammatical ability to explain complex situations to owners in an easy to understand fashion
• Multi-task in a fast-paced varied environment
• Work accurately, efficiently and with strong attention to detail on multiple projects
• Use problem solving skills by balancing practical application of experience and creativity
• Ability to review detailed analytics and create or adjust content to improve owner experience
•Independent, while taking direction/advice from manager and senior team members to produce accurate content
• Adhere to priorities given and work to meet all deadlines, provide timely communication to manager and team when risks and problems are identified
• Initiates information gathering from needed internal and external resources and works effectively in cross-functional teams
• Must be a tenacious, yet professional, individual who can work quickly while maintaining thoroughness and attention to detail and product quality
• Powersports, motorcycle or automotive experience preferred
• Knowledge of computer software and applications preferred - Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics
• Dynamic, fast-paced office environment
• Location is Plymouth, MN
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Digital Writer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US