Project Mgmt Leader
Location: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5649
Requisition Number: R7368
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Lead development & execution of core project management deliverables, including scope, timeline, risk, and communications management. Work with other Project Management Leaders across category teams to provide holistic view of program status. Continuously improve the project management processes for the Sunburst Category Teams. Identify and share lessons learned across teams.
- Lead development & execution of schedule, scope, communications, and risk management with category teams from startup through supplier selection
- Work closely with other Project Management Leaders, Program Manager, and Category Leaders to ensure all aspects of the project are successfully completed
- Identify and resolve, with the team, any potential deviations from the approved project plan. Manage the critical path to achieve agreed-upon milestones on time
- Identify & resolve/escalate project issues/risks to minimize impact to schedule and/or budget
- Drive application of project management best practices across teams including Gantt charts, key milestones, project charters, action/risk registers, etc.
- Facilitate identification and sharing of lessons learned & best practices across teams.
- Define and track metrics. Regularly communicate and report out on project status and key milestones.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) including facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent project planning, execution, organizing and administrative skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to lead change and motivate others at all levels within the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Effective decision-making, problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines and firm schedules.
- Ability to embrace a rapidly changing environment and operate throughout ambiguous situations
- Self-directed with strong personal initiative.
- Professionalism and strong customer service skills.
- Proficient MS Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Business, Supply Chain/Operations or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a business setting with strong process orientation.
- Experience in project management and use of project management tools.
- Project Management Certification (CAPM, PMP) preferred
Very fast-paced, dynamic culture in an office environment.
Travel as needed (approximately 10-15%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Brooklyn Park
Community / Marketing Title: Project Mgmt Leader
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US