Off Road and Motorcycle Powertrain Calibration Technologist
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5658
Requisition Number: R7348
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris Industries and Indian Motorcycles is recruiting for an Off Road and Motorcycle Powertrain Calibration Technologist to develop and validate engine control systems. Specific focus on starting, cold starting and cold start driveway engine calibration development in vehicle applications. Work with the Lead Calibration Engineer for successful engine application and integration into the vehicle. Assists in creating project plans, engineering procedures, requirements, and specifications to ensure thorough definition and testing for engine control system development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help create and specify test procedures and equipment necessary to conduct powertrain performance and control system development testing on Polaris vehicles.
- Collect data and assist in developing calibrations for Starting, Cold starting and cold start driveaways.
- Support calibration lead on pre-production engines / vehicles to ensure program(s) meet all government mandated emissions regulations with Polaris-specified margins.
- Conduct testing aspects of engine and vehicle development projects: Execute test criteria, systems requirement specifications, assist in creating test plans and schedules related to vehicle starting.
- Participate in vehicle group development processes to ensure that drivability metrics, applicable limits, test procedures, certification requirements, are achieved.
- Calibration and end-of-line support for specific engine production testing at engine and vehicle assembly plants as required.
- Records test data using statistical, analytical, and other state of the art techniques. Research alternatives, and implement solutions to meet powertrain objectives.
- Interact with resources at multiple Powertrain and product group engineering sites. This includes the ability to travel up to 25% of time to areas in the continental U.S.
- Perform Hands-on repair for applicable engines as required for instrumentation or updates
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS engineering degree with a minimum of 2 years of engine testing and/or calibration development related experience. Knowledge of how engines operate.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office software, data analysis tools including Concerto, Matlab, etc.
- Experience with ETAS/INCA, ATI/Vision, Simulink, ASCET, and vehicle CAN
- Able to work in a team environment proficiently.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Experience operating off road vehicles preferred
- Experience operating motorcycles, have or ability to obtain motorcycle license
- Hands-on experience/knowledge repairing / rebuilding small engines or automotive engines preferred
- Able to multitask, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fast paced testing and field environment
- Travel as needed (~25%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Off Road and Motorcycle Powertrain Calibration Technologist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US