Systems Engineer - Intake and Exhaust
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5677
Requisition Number: R7459
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for leading the complete system integration of Off Road Vehicle (ORV) intake and exhaust systems including specification creation, design, development, analysis, validation, and release into production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design industry leading intake and exhaust systems to ensure highest quality and highest performance vehicles are created.
- Work with project teams to define project goals and product specifications.
- Work with the ORV design group, contract design team, and outside suppliers to ensure production drawings are accurate and properly dimensioned (using KPC's and GD&T).
- Organize, lead and participate in design reviews to ensure there is adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
- Work with Development Engineers and Technicians to make sure the suitable level of development and validation of intake and exhaust systems is conducted at the appropriate times.
- Create and maintain intake and exhaust system engineering standards, specifications and lessons learned and communicate to them to the project teams and other systems / design engineers.
- Use data acquisition to quantify intake and exhaust system performance.
- Ride ATVs and SxSs to evaluate intake and exhaust system performance and other vehicle characteristics.
- Evaluate and analyze field issues on existing product, recommend and execute timely solutions.
- Support manufacturing with problem resolution and assembly friendly new product designs.
- Work with Powertrain design team in the development, specification and implementation of new engines and the subsequent intake and exhaust systems for current and future ORV models.
- Provide intake and exhaust system technical support to: Project Engineers, Designers, Design Engineers, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Powertrain, Quality Assurance and Service.
- Lead the design and development of ATV and SxS specific intake and exhaust technologies.
- Cross train and support development and validation of other vehicle subsystems including: clutching, brakes, driveline, cooling, HVAC, and fuel systems.
- Perform other miscellaneous project related assignments.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent required.
- Familiarity with ATVs and SxSs required.
- Experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package required, Creo Parametric / Pro Engineer preferred.
- Intake and/or exhaust system design and development experience preferred.
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups and experience with engineering standards preferred.
- Data acquisition experience preferred.
- Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principals, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Fast paced office environment, travel as needed (less than 25%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer - Intake and Exhaust
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US