Test Cell Operator/Mechanic
Location: Osceola, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 5684
Requisition Number: R7373
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This position supports the Polaris Powertrain Validation process in the Osceola engine endurance labs. You will collaborate with a fast-paced team of experts to validate new powertrain technologies in the dynamometer/test labs. The daily tasks for this position include engine test stand preparation and instrumentation, monitoring engine dynamometer testing, performing routine engine health checks/maintenance, and documentation of test status and results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Disassemble and reassemble engines and other powertrain system hardware
• Setup and update test engine hardware for dyno testing - instrument engine as specified
• Setup and operate data acquisition and associated software
• Perform engine services and health checks throughout testing
• Maintain daily logs on all running engines and test components
• Responsible for the quality and integrity of data generated
• Maintain inventory of parts needed for testing
• Maintain a well-organized clean work area that meets OSHA requirements and 5S Methods.
• Maintain strict confidentiality
• Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
Critical Technical Skills/Knowledge
• 2-Year degree in technical field preferred
• Experience with high performance small engines, and motorcycle engines or similar powersports dealership experience is required
• Excellent understanding of internal combustion engines, fuel systems, and CVT systems
• Experience assembling and disassembling engines
• Solid understanding of troubleshooting engines, mechanical, and electrical systems
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft products
• Attention to detail
• Process oriented
• Motivated, flexible, and self-sufficient
Desirable Technical Skills/Knowledge
• Experience with vehicle electrical systems, wiring, reading schematics
• Fabrication, machining, welding, soldering
• Familiarity with comprehensive engine teardown inspections
• Data acquisition & diagnostic tool experience
• Understanding of dynamometer testing and software
Fast paced testing in a laboratory environment.
Working around machinery, vehicles, moving parts.
Willingness to work overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Test Cell Operator/Mechanic
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Wisconsin US