Assistant, Project - QE
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5686
Requisition Number: R7505
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
JOB SUMMARY: Perform technical functions within the Quality Assurance Department providing Quality Engineering with technical information for all aspects of the product manufacturing cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist QE, ME, and assembly lines to resolve production and safety problems by identifying true root cause and implementing the appropriate corrective actions.
- Knowledge of queries, analyze data, work with Purchasing, and other Polaris sites on issues that arise within the system.
- Assist in training of other Technicians.
- Interaction with Materials Planners to ensure adequate flow of material relative to quality issues.
- Willing to learn RMO process and management of the RMO area and quarantine processes including MRB disposition process.
- BOM, Structure understanding and usages
- Develop instructions for new processes for departmental needs.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of vehicle, parts, system operation and function.
- PC skills desired: Working knowledge of Showcase queries, Advanced Excel use, Advanced Word use, Working knowledge of AS400/JDA
- Add and Remove rework holds on units. Send out Stop shipments when issues may arise.
ADDITIONAL POSITION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform dimensional verifications on in-house, and vendor produced components utilizing various measuring devices such as: micrometers, calipers, bore gages, faro-arm, hardness tester, CMM, etc.
- Execute dimensional verification on components or product using other means of dimensional verification such as CAD and digitizing techniques.
- Working knowledge of planning and MRP systems is a plus but not required. Prepare / attend meetings and reviews to represent QA when required.
- Fill in as back-up to QE and Line Tech as required.
- Perform work assignments per Quality Engineers instruction and work schedule.
- Assist in meeting departmental work schedules and company quality standards.
- Maintain OSHA compliance and corporate safety standards within department and company.
- Completion of all Grade 2 Requirements.
- Support/maintain housekeeping objectives within the Quality Assurance department and company.
- Support work load overtime requirements with minimal notice.
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills, problem solving skills and communications skills
- The ability to understand and maintain product confidentiality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel with minimal notice.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 3-5 years of directly-related work experience
- Two year degree in technical field desired.
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant, Project - QE
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US