Category Growth Director
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5700
Requisition Number: R7547
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This position requires a dynamic leader with broad channel experience and the ability to translate insight to action. The role will develop strategies, plans and tactics to lead category growth and drive dealership profitability across Polaris' portfolio of vehicles and parts, garments and accessories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead category analysis including industry trends, competitive landscape & benchmarking, and an astute understanding of the voice of the customer
- Leverage channel and customer insights & analytics to optimize product mix, pricing, merchandising
- Develop strategic vision for category including long-range plans (LRP), resource alignment and organizational collaboration
- Identify new customer segments and go-to-market approach
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Planning, Product Line Sales, Field Sales and PGA for holistic dealership planning and execution
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- University/Bachelors degree required
- Channel/Sales development and management
- Strategic thinker with exemplary problem-solving skills
- Ability to synthesize complex information and translate to variety of stakeholders
- Ability to translate insights to action and drive implementation plan
- Confidence to take new and bold recommendations forward
- Proficient communicator with strong consultative skills
- Executive presentation skills - ability to create and deliver effective business briefings
- Ongoing business travel (10-20% in a normal business environment)
- Home office will be located in Plymouth, MN. Travel to other MN based locations required regularly (Medina, MN & Wyoming MN)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Category Growth Director
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US