Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5714
Requisition Number: R7573
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Job Summary: Provide human resources support and strategic partnership to the Operations organization aligning with business objectives and goals. This includes recruitment and selection, leading key projects related to our manufacturing footprint transition, problem-solving, management and employee coaching, employee communications, compensation and benefits and managing key HR processes for the Operations team. Earn a high level of credibility as an effective and responsible internal consultant. In addition, support and participate in the design, project management and implementation of HR initiatives and teams. This position is located at the plant in Roseau, MN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate process to identify attract, reward and retain a high quality team.
- Play key liason/coordination role between Operations leadership team and Operations HR team on key projects.
- Develop necessary resources, contacts and partnerships to aid in our delivery of HR strategies and support to Operations team.
- Act as recruiting resource/expert for the Operations - Assist managers & executives in the recruitment and selection process by identifying organizational needs, developing recruitment and staffing strategies, sourcing, interviewing, selecting and on-boarding candidates for professional and management positions. Manage external firms.
- Draft job profiles, offer letters, employment agreements and welcome aboard announcements. Work with legal to draft employment agreement templates as necessary.
- Assist in driving improvements to HR policies, practices and processes across sites, taking into account cultural differences.
- Provide employee relations support, facilitate issue resolution and develop and implement solutions to organizational and people related challenges.
- Conduct facilitation, change management and integration activities.
- Complete talent assessment activities with management and assist in development planning.
- Provide training, communication and coordination of HR programs, benefits, and processes. (e.g. merit planning, performance management, bonus plans, etc.)
- Conduct benchmarking and research on local statutory and common compensation and benefits practices and programs. Make recommendations and implement.
- Coordinate all legal and regulatory issues that arise related to establishing operations outside the U.S.
- 1-2 years of broad based HR Generalist experience required with a preference for at least 1 year being in a hands on manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required, or combination of years of directly applicable work experience with demonstrable progress towards attaining applicable bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible mindset to meet the needs of a globally growing business and team.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all levels of employees and various cultures.
- Demonstrated strength in consulting and facilitation, communication, conflict resolution, change management and coaching.
- Ability to work independently, drive decisions, multitask and execute in a complex reporting environment for the plant location, business operations and corporate functions.
- Customer focused while requiring a sense of urgency and continual drive for process improvement and results.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Generalist, HR
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US