Electrical Systems Engineer
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5717
Requisition Number: R7636
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
LOCATION: Roseau, MN
Responsible for leading the architecture, electrified powertrain control systems, controller integration, advanced battery development, and integration validation process of vehicles complete electrical systems and related components from concept to production in order to achieve the product objectives within a specified time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define architecture options and assist platform team in selecting option that meets their needs
- Define standard requirements / attributes
- Defines and owns Critical Feature Technical Specifications (CFTS) documentation for new snowmobile features.
- Defines and owns Communication requirements between controllers on all snowmobile platforms.
- Establishes reasonable project development schedules and resource plans from concept to production implementation using the Polaris Development Process
- Performs detailed studies and design of vehicle electrified powertrain and software control systems according to the Level 2 Vehicle Specification, with emphasis on safety, reliability, quality and cost
- Performs detailed DFMEA and risk analysis
- Works with system analysis engineer and platforms to analyze system trade offs
- Participates in design reviews for engine/chassis systems and is responsible for ensuring the control system design meet electrical system requirements
- Manages multiple control system integration and validation projects and provides status to the Lead Electrical Engineers
- Provides guidance to the Electrical Controller Leads relative to control system interactions
- Interacts with purchasing, testing, manufacturing, and external suppliers as needed for the successful completion of projects
- Creates vehicle level DVP&R templates and other standardized test requirements
- Provides tooling, NRE, & BOM cost estimates to the Project team
- Solicits resource estimates from the electrical Software, Hardware, and Design teams
- Works closely with the Program Leader to ensure adequate Electrical Engineering resource budget/forecast.
- Creates and maintains design documentation
- Provides communication/educational materials for organization
- Schedules appropriate Peer Team Reviews
- Provides control system flow charts as required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & REQUIREMENTS:
Critical Technical Skills
- 4 year degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years work experience in an electrical engineering or control systems position.
- Software programming skills
- Highly developed computer skills using EE design/analysis and Microsoft Office software
- Engineering problem solving approach
- Electrical system design of vehicle or machine control systems
- Experience with mechanical systems and engines (doesn't have to be included in formal education)
- Hands on experience using electrical/software test and analysis equipment
- Product development experience
- Control network (CAN) experience
- U.S. work authorization; no work visa or residency sponsorship available for this job opening
Desirable Technical Skills
- MS degree in technical field
- Human-machine interface and display experience
- Background in control theory
- Some travel required (not to exceed 10%) to support vehicle builds, testing, and interface with suppliers
- Fast-paced office and lab environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Systems Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US