ORV CAE Manager
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5727
Requisition Number: R7659
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Off Road Vehicle focused CAE Manager is responsible to lead a team of multi-disciplinary CAE engineers that deliver virtual prototypes in a timely fashion to drive the design of future vehicle programs. This position reports to the CAE Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning & Strategy:
- Technical Solutions: Lead a team of engineers in the development of technical solutions / CAE tools specific to Polaris vehicle systems.
- Analysis Plans: Develop coordinated analysis plans that drive the vehicle design; including interaction with technical leaders from design, development, and test.
- Process: Ensure tools fit and advance the corporate engineering development process; contribute to teams which improve the development process.
- Consulting: Lead the use integrated consulting as appropriate to cover manpower shortfalls or technology gaps for the CAE team.
- Budget: Oversee departmental, hardware, and software budget items.
- Tools: Lead or facilitate team research on new software and hardware tools for the practical application on Polaris engineering problems.
- Knowledge Management: Facilitate the CAE group effort in the area of knowledge capture to create the framework which will leverage historical data in the future.
- Support vehicle design milestones with timely analysis.
- Deliver technical leadership and analysis on projects of high corporate priority and tight timing constraints (firefighting).
- Conduct the root cause diagnosis on design related issues.
- Facilitate the CAE team participation in the Polaris Technology process.
- CAE Group: Provide technical leadership to direct reports in the CAE team you are responsible for. Grow technical specialists in key technical areas that benefit the corporate needs. Set expectations of a learning environment and coaching environment.
- Engineering: Facilitate the technical mentoring of the CAE group specialist to engineers and project teams in the technical area of expertise. Mentor design engineers in the use of CAE tools.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: BSc in Mechanical Engineering, MSc or PhD preferred.
- Strong background in numerical methods and theory, with 7-10 year experience minimum. CAE software diversity is a plus.
- Highly developed problem solving skills and root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of vehicle systems design, development, and analysis processes and tools.
- Experience in the attributes of durability, thermal, NVH, performance, safety, and or vehicle dynamics.
- Expert level working knowledge in one of the attributes above, for example solid background skills in the areas of FEA, solid mechanics, dynamics, vibration, shock and heat transfer.
- General technical knowledge in:
- Data post-processing
- Reliability methods
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to communicate analysis results to all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in diverse and co-located teams
- Recreational vehicle enthusiast is a plus
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some travel required between Polaris sites.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: ORV CAE Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US