Project Engineer (Design)
Location: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5747
Requisition Number: R7782
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
- Polaris is making a bold, strategic investment to improve our strategic sourcing process and consequently generate a high level of savings through improved performance.
- To achieve this goal, we began working with a consulting firm on a strategic sourcing initiative in 2018.
- The initial diagnostic identified significant cost savings opportunities that require a focused, precise approach led by our best employees.
- Apart from significant cost savings, this exercise promises an opportunity to transform our supply chain. The Category Team makes the recommendation of the supply base that best serve Polaris' current and future growth needs.
As a Project Engineer in Wave 3 ...
You would be responsible for providing strategic engineering direction to cross-functional category project teams. The skills and knowledge of engineers are critical to the success of the project category team.The Engineering Lead is the liaison between Polaris Engineering, Category Team and the potential supply base.
- You will be dedicated full-time to a cross-functional focused on chassis systems (steering and suspension components)
- Category Team is made up of Team Lead, Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, and Finance roles
- It's also important to note that for periods during the project, there will be heavy travel.
- Work directly with the category team to develop & validate potential category value opportunities, i.e. alternative supplier development & specification changes, etc.
- Understand the technical requirements of each category, then translate and provide the requirements in an RFQ.
- Develop internal toolsets to support and assist in the creation of project deliverables, i.e. technical drawings & specifications requirements for category Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Act as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for any engineering requirements & protocols
- Review and signing off on all validated part drawings & specifications
- Conduct cross functional site visits to provide engineering due diligence for potential new suppliers, including evaluate suppliers' design/development capabilities and ability to deliver product solutions to our specifications.
- Contribute to the evaluation & selection process of suppliers to be considered for final award
- Participate and engage in several skills-based training sessions relating to Executive Communication, Purchasing Methodology, Site Visits and Negotiations
This is a great opportunity because...
- You will get executive exposure both internal and external (suppliers).
- You'll gain in-depth training in the areas of executive communication and fact-based negotiation.
- You will represent the engineering function to the global supply base, internal stakeholders and Polaris leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or similar
- 2+ years of experience generating CAD models, detailing drawings and conducting analysis to support team objectives.
- Proficiency using CAD software (CREO preferred)
- You would be expected to continue to Wave 4 which has periods of heavy travel (approx. Fall of 2022)
- Manufacturing experience
- Project management experience
- Negotiation skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Brooklyn Park
Community / Marketing Title: Project Engineer (Design)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US