Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5756
Requisition Number: R7772
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris is seeking an experienced engineer for emissions development and measurement work in our Powertrain group. This engineer will be responsible for developing and supporting in-field, mobile emissions testing solutions for ORV products to satisfy In-service Monitoring (ISM) and in-use emissions verification program (IUVP) requirements. The engineer will be responsible for adapting the measurement equipment to multiple product lines, evaluating test protocols, and verifying that the measurement equipment remains certifiable and in proper working order. They will also support the purchase of additional resources, including capital equipment, to expand our testing capability for ISM/IUVP.
Additionally, a portion of this role will support chassis-based dyno testing, serving as a subject matter expert on test protocols and test equipment. They will review testing needs and provide technical support to a capable team of technicians and technologists.
- BS in mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering, or a similar discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in emissions testing or combustion engine development
- Strong CAD skills
- Ability to mock-up and implement physical components for testing
- Interpret electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic diagrams
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with coding for software applications
- Ability to be licensed to ride ATVs, side-by-sides, and/or snowmobiles
- Can analyze and manipulate large data sets
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically up to 15%
- Experience with emissions measurement systems (portable emissions measurements, chassis-based CVS, evaporative SHEDs, etc.)
- PTC CREO and AVL Concerto proficiency
- Control systems experience
- Familiarity with EU, CARB, and EPA emissions regulations
- Basic fabrication skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Emissions Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US