Sales & Marketing Business Development Analyst
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5762
Requisition Number: R7868
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for meeting sales quotas and metrics from lead generation through closing of new accounts; Identifies & prioritizes prospect pool; creates prospects through lead generation efforts.
- Actively manages prospect reporting including daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates.
- Manages all work and contact reporting via CRM tools. Submits progress reports, market findings and recommendations.
- Owns their prospect communications; responsible for all correspondence through closing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Promotes and pursues financially stable and collaborative partnerships, determines best opportunities for Polaris within markets and makes recommendations to further our business.
- Identify new business opportunities and partners. Coordinates and conducts presentations to these new prospects by aligning the selling process to individual partners to cultivate strong relationships.
- Negotiates contracts with prospective investors to gain partnership agreement, works through transitional stages through the hand-off to operations.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff, and clients.
- Extremely high say / do ratio; ability to work selflessly as part of a high-performance team while still being able to work independently as needed.
- Extremely high ethical standards
- Conducting market research and identifying potential clients.
- Working closely with staff across departments to implement growth strategies.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in business related field; Strong organizational & decision-making skills.
- At least three years' experience in business development; travel, tourism, fleet and network development experience preferred.
- Experience operating in a formal, measured sales environment.
- Ability to work autonomously through business demands, travel and remote correspondence.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and interact effectively
- Proficient in developing business cases and presentations to investors or businesses
- Franchise, B2B and business services selling experience a bonus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Friendly and personable demeanor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and relevant software.
- Corporate office environment.
- Up to 15% travel, depending on seasonality.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sales & Marketing Business Development Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US