Sales & Marketing Internship Summer 2022
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5783
Requisition Number: R7856
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Sales & Marketing Internship Summer 2022
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment.Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
The Polaris Sales & Marketing Internship Program (SMIP) accelerates career development for current undergraduate sophomores and juniors who want to build a foundation of business knowledge and leadership skills. Our unique 12-week program is comprised of Sales, Marketing, or Product functional assignments across all business lines.
As a Sales & Marketing intern, you will be given impactful project-based assignments that directly align with business objectives. Some of the projects may encompass activities like: market opportunity & competitive analysis, Go-To-Market planning & execution, product launch, Dealer & Customer sentiment, profitability analysis for new businesses, pricing, photo shoots, promotions and events, or integrated marketing across product lines, to name a few.
While you may collaborate on cross-functional teams to design, develop and implement various projects, you will be placed into a specific assignment based on interest and business need in any of the following areas:
- Retail Marketing: Sales Events, Training, In-Store, Local Advertising Strategy
- Media Execution: Creative Development, Agency Management, Social Media, Digital Marketing
- Marketing Communications: New Product Introduction, Marketing Collateral Creation, Asset Creation
- Product Planning and Development: Product Development Process, Market Research
- Sales and Distribution: Retail experience, distribution network, Sales Lean process
Internship locations are founded in business need and are typically placed in one of the following locations: Plymouth, MN; Medina, MN.
During this paid internship, you will have the support and resources you need to develop your business and sales & marketing skills, while establishing relationships with Polaris leadership. You will also be paired with a manager and a mentor who are committed to your success. Upon completion of the internship program, interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a passion to learn may be offered an additional internship or a full-time position, depending on eligibility.
Polaris offers relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify. Intern responsibilities include:
- Transportation to/from office
- Securing housing for the duration of the internship
- Attending Polaris' Development Training in Minnesota as an opportunity to meet with leaders and other interns from across the company
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Business with an emphasis in Sales, Marketing or other related degree
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Able to complete full 12-week internship working 40 hours per week (May/June-August 2022)
- Geographic flexibility
- Proven strength in the following: analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, and Word)
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Previous leadership experience in work, organizations, or classroom
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sales & Marketing Internship Summer 2022
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US