Sales & Marketing Development Program
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5792
Requisition Number: R7857
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Sales & Marketing Development Program
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment.Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
The Polaris Sales & Marketing Leadership Development Program (SMLDP) accelerates career development for recent college graduates who wish to further develop core business, leadership, marketing, and sales competencies. Our unique two-year development program allows you the opportunity to work in roles within both Sales and Marketing to build a solid business foundation, and to ultimately declare a focus area for more concentrated experience.
Through your business rotations, you will be given challenging assignments in each of the four, six-month rotations to accelerate your career development for future positions of significant responsibility. The variety of work gives you an introduction to what working at Polaris is all about and helps you decide where you can do the work best suited to your interests and the company's needs. During this program you will also establish mentor relationships with our business leadership that will continue throughout your career with Polaris. Polaris provides the resources, support and environment you need to realize both personal and professional success in this role. Some of the areas you'll gain exposure to in your rotations include:
- Retail Marketing & Sales Events, Training, In-Store, Local Advertising Strategy
- Media Execution & Creative Development, Agency Management, Social Media, Digital Marketing
- Marketing Communications & New Product Introduction, Marketing Collateral Creation, Asset Creation
- Product Planning and Development & Product Development Process, Market Research
- Dealer Development & Prospect Identification and Sell-In, Market Analysis, Competitive Analysis
- Territory Sales & Account Management, Territory Planning, Retail Planning, Demand Creation
After completion of the Development Program you will be placed into a Sales or Marketing related position. Examples of these positions could include a Marketing Specialist, Product Line Sales Specialist, or District Sales Manager.
Mobility is expected of our SMLDP participants. SMLDP's are typically placed in any of the following locations: Plymouth, MN; Medina, MN.
- Eligibility for a Polaris vehicle after 1 year of service to experience the product first hand
- Pay for Performance Company which uniquely allows employees to receive Annual Profit-Sharing bonuses based upon the performance of the employee
- A generous 401K employee's contribution matching program
- Tuition Reimbursement program to support employees who want to further their education after starting employment
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business with an emphasis in Sales, Marketing or other related degree
- Graduating between December 2021-June 2022
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Ongoing geographic flexibility; you must be willing to travel and relocate between sites for your rotations as well as mobility beyond the rotational program to support accelerating your development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software; Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, SharePoint
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Previous leadership experience in work, organizations, or classroom
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sales & Marketing Development Program
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US