Senior Inbound Logistics Analyst
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5824
Requisition Number: R7971
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Sr. Inbound Logistics Analyst is responsible for creating, managing, and executing the strategy for inbound international raw materials from our suppliers to the manufacturing facilities, inbound warehouses and cross dock locations. This highly cross-functional role will work closely with sourcing, materials planning, logistics, plant operations, and third-party logistics providers to ensure accurate costs are included in total cost analysis, support plan vs actual analysis on route design improvements, and support on-going optimization opportunities within the supply chain.
This role will require identifying and driving improvement to KPIs, contract management, supporting day-to-day exception items, documenting and driving business rules adherence, and identifying and executing incremental opportunities for cost savings and business process standardization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, plan, communicate, and implement optimization projects to drive cost improvement, utilizing data mining techniques and project management skillsets
- Identify and drive improvement to total cost throughout the inbound supply chain.
- Partner with teams across the organization as the SME for supply chain total costs, including creating/maintaining total cost standard work documentation.
- Manage third-party logistics provider, including managing adherence to contract, service and cost improvement KPIs, and leading continuous improvement activities.
- Mange inbound raw material transportation damage claims.
Required Education, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree (emphasis in general business, supply chain management or related degree)
- 5+ years supply chain experience leading improvement initiatives
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills (Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Proven track record of identifying and implementing process changes
- Demonstrate d high personal integrity and ethics
- Consistent track record of solving problems, overcoming roadblocks, and improving processes
- Excellent written and oral communicator
- Ability to manage ambiguity, and provide clear direction
- Ability to work effectively with minimum level of supervision
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with third-party logistics providers or operational management
- Experience with process mapping, leading Kaizen events, or utilizing the Lean toolset to document/drive process improvement
- Hand on experience with data modeling software (ex. Alteryx, Tableau)
- PMP or equivalent project management certification
- Knowledge of international transportation network and incoterms
- Up to 10% travel for site and supplier visits
- Standard office environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Inbound Logistics Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US