Assoc, Marketing Manager
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5830
Requisition Number: R7946
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Associate Marketing Manager (AMM) for Motorcycle Parts, Garments & Accessories (PG&A) leads the development and execution of marketing plans for Motorcycle PG&A products with focus on the motorcycle accessory business. The Motorcycle Global Business Unit (GBU) includes two brands, Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot; this AMM will work across both product lines. This AMM is responsible for deeply understanding what products & product aspects appeal to current & prospective customers then building marketing content & materials that are deployed across multiple communication channels, both dealer-facing and consumer-facing & both digital (i.e. ecomm website) and physical (i.e. dealer shows & consumer events).
All marketing content created must support and strengthen brand perception and path dealers/consumers from awareness to purchase. This AMM will excel in project leadership and cross-team communication. For example, they will design and coordinate the build of accessorized marketing vehicles that will be leveraged to create marketing content. This content will demonstrate the key selling points of various accessory products. This AMM is highly collaborative, working to gain alignment across multiple stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ongoing Planning
- Develop product marketing launch and go-to-market plans that include positioning, naming and message development
- Develop and manage a multi-channel content strategy including photography, videos, product copy, 2D/3D CGI, animations and graphics
- Lead the cross-functional product launch process (for Model Year launch as well as mid-season launches)
- Translate product-level specs & details into compelling dealer/consumer marketing messages at product and category levels
- Work closely with Accessory Product Leaders and PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) Database System to understand target customers, existing products and new products
- Leverage retail data & market insights to determine accessory packages that will be installed on PG&A marketing vehicles and featured in marketing creative; Creative will tell compelling marketing/product stories and inspire dealers/customers to purchase
- Ensure adherence to brand and legal guidelines for all marketing content & materials
- Work closely with marketing teams across the globe, driving marketing cohesion and efficiency by developing creative that can be easily homologated & shared outside of North American markets
- Core Project Work
- Develop marketing project scopes & objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, ensuring technical feasibility, and delivering project outcomes on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Partner with wholegood team to determine vehicle allocations for PG&A marketing usage and coordinate marketing fleet logistics in support of content production and event dates, including PR rides
- Partner with Product Leaders and Engineering team members to acquire product samples required to build accessorized vehicles that will be featured in marketing content
- Coordinate install of product samples onto marketing vehicles with respect to accessory package stories
- Write project briefs for agency partners to educate them on project objectives and products/vehicles included then manage projects alongside those agency partners, including tasks such as photoshoot logistics/shot lists and video logistics/storyboards/scripts
- Lead the development of critical materials such as the annual Model Year accessory catalog, New Product Guides and dealership point-of-purchase pieces.
- Track and analyze competitive products & marketing efforts to inform & optimize plans
- Review marketing materials and press kits/releases for product accuracy, including fitment of accessories on wholegood models
- Work closely with the Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot brand teams as well as a highly cross-functional PG&A team to deliver project outcomes & business objectives
- Manage product sample acquisition, inventory and disposition as well as agency/partner relationships, project schedules, and project budgets
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing or related
- 3+ years marketing or related experience; Proven leadership
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment, managing projects on time and within budget
- Work well across, and up and down the organization
- Ability to operate autonomously at off-site locations (photo/video shoots, dealer shows, consumer events, etc.)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel)
- Some travel required, typically for marketing vehicle up-fit, content production and dealer/consumer events
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Assoc, Marketing Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US