Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Osceola, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 5833
Requisition Number: R8038
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Perform proactive supplier quality responsibilities and supplier development actions for powertrain purchased components and assemblies to contribute to exceptional customer focus and flawless product launches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses experience and quality engineering principles to assure the quality of supplied components
- Uses experience and quality engineering principles to develop strategy and tools for Polaris' supplier quality system as well as drive supply chain management continuous improvement
- Lead cross functional teams to execute root cause problem solving of quality events and implement corrective/preventative actions
- Actively collaborate with Suppliers, Polaris purchasing, Engineering, and Plant Quality to lower the number of supplier non-conformances (RMO) and reduce overall supplier PPM
- Lead suppliers through the supplier performance escalation process (SPEP)
- Promote the use of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and continuous improvement techniques at Polaris suppliers to reduce variability and monitor process control
- Perform Quality System Audits at suppliers and initiate corrective actions to ensure adherence to Polaris requirements as well as drive supplier development needs (primary focus on cast/machine)
- Review supplier process change requests (PCR) and collaborate with cross functional teams to understand the risk as well as determine requirements for validation
- Review designs / components determined as high risk for correct identification of Key Product Characteristics (KPCs) and correct application of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing principles to ensure measurement and manufacturing feasibility
- Collaborate with Suppliers and Polaris Engineering during design reviews to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Assist Suppliers to maintain 100% PPAP compliance for all Preproduction builds and Production builds
- Train suppliers to effectively execute PPAPs; APQP; and Corrective Actions on-time
- Perform production readiness assessments at supplier facilities for high risk suppliers/components. Report readiness status and action plans on deficiencies.
- Provide support and feedback to Business Units when determining existing supplier suitability for future business awards
- Proactively develop improvement activity to meet the department goals for PPM and corrective action effectiveness
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS Degree in Engineering or Technical field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in quality engineering or manufacturing with preferred knowledge of casting and machining manufacturing processes
- Strong technical problem solving skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports and present cross functionally within and outside Polaris Industries at all levels
- Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to, SPC, APQP, 8D, PPAP, DOE, CAPA, MSA and Quality Systems
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships cross-functionally as well as with a diverse/global supply base
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- General knowledge of engine components, high precision CNC machining, and GD&T
- Fast-paced office environment
- Position will require 30% travel
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Wisconsin US