Electrical Validation Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5834
Requisition Number: R8025
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As a member of the off-road vehicle validation team, your primary focus will be on validating the integration of all user interfacing electrical, connectivity, and infotainment components. This is a rapidly growing area of investment with lots of opportunities to make a big impact at the individual level.
- Create and complete the DVP&R for Connected Vehicle features
- Define use cases and checklists to objectively evaluate the performance and reliability of the user interface and vehicle functions
- Lead the execution of the test plan with objective outcomes in connection with the vehicle DVP&R throughout a vehicle program
- Lead the user interface and software validation of integrated electronic systems at the full vehicle level.
- Serve as a resource to systems engineers to collect data and perform initial system-level root cause analysis in the context of complex system interactions
- Lead field and lab test planning, support, and issue resolution.
- Clearly communicate and articulate the DVP&R status to a project team, management, and other integration organizational functions
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- Experience in complex root-cause analysis of electrical systems containing both hardware and software components
- Interest and experience in user interface, infotainment, technology, digital products, and connectivity
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of electrical systems and software systems
- Experienced with data collection, processing, and analysis
- Familiar with CAN data acquisition systems such as Vector CANalyzer or ETAS INCA
- Familiar with Software backlog and task management software such as JIRA, Confluence, or similar
- Familiar with basics of operating systems
- Experience performing system-level testing
- Experienced with test planning and coordination
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of field and lab testing with reliability metrics and targets
- Quality and customer-focused
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment with travel up to 10%
- Time split between office and shop/test labs.
- Flexible work arrangement available
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Validation Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US