Location: Osceola, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 5843
Requisition Number: R7994
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Job Summary: To ensure that all products shipped to the consumer meet or exceed that consumer's expectations. To aid other departments in the organization in improving the function and performance of all aspects of our business. To audit and verify critical processes in the manufacture of Polaris products. Reporting of audit findings in a professional and accurate manner to facilitate improvement in quality, productivity and safety
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support production by teaching operators how to correctly use gauges and other quality equipment.
- Audit various process characteristics per specification plans, may include but is not limited to: Receiving inspection of components or raw materials, WIP, Quarantined inventory, Re-worked components or assemblies, Finished goods audits
- Make necessary recommendations for process improvements.
- Perform sort of non-conforming materials as required.
- Verification of Manufacturing Department materials and parts, assuring that they meet written specifications within established tolerances.
- Work overtime or vary working hours as needed.
- Attend company provided training.
- Work with measuring and production tools
- Cross train in other quality positions to back-up or assist other quality personnel as necessary.
- Prepare layout sheets, prepare RMO's, shipping orders and order supplies for QA Lab as necessary.
- Challenge nonconforming product using proper chain of command and hold tag procedures.
- Provide help with rework projects as the quality inspector for all completed rework.
- Maintain or input quality data/files as required
- Communicate to appropriate personnel any necessary issues, findings, etc.
- Maintain quality inspection equipment as necessary.
- Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations
- Perform duties outside assigned area, as required.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area.
Skills & Knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical diploma or equivalent training preferred.
- Preferred to be familiar with parts, tolerances, dimensions, problem areas, various inspection equipment, and quality terminology.
- Must have a performance history of quality conscious work, good attendance and safe work habits.
- Must have flexibility to cover other shifts when needed.
- Must have a working knowledge of PC software programs (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, database, email) including the ability to enter and retrieve data.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage conflict and solve problems independently.
- Must have demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
- Must be responsible, enthusiastic, trustworthy, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be responsible, enthusiastic, trustworthy, and able to work with limited supervision
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Auditor
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Wisconsin US