Materials Industrial / Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Osceola, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 5847
Requisition Number: R8063
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
- Job Summary: Responsible for establishing and implementing the most cost efficient methods for assembling engines and drivetrain components. Plans, coordinates, and communicates the activities necessary to maintain and improve engine and drivetrain kitting areas, material flow, and warehouse to achieve necessary safety, quality and cost standards, goals, and metrics.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Indirect leader for production kitting, warehouse, and material delivery areas. Defines processes, procedures, & equipment for these areas.
- Defines manufacturing strategy for engine and/or drivetrain kitting areas, material flow, and warehouse based on business case justification.
- Define, determine, and manage necessary capital, expense, and tooling budgets to manage specific engine and/or drivetrain kitting areas, material flow, and warehouse
- Reviews new and updated packaging ensuring that packaging meets plant requirements.
- Manage, define, procure and implement capital, expense, and tooling spend for engine and/or drivetrain kitting areas, material flow, and warehouse.
- Define, update, and align to standard processes and procedures.
- Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and work station layout.
- Defines tooling and fixturing used in the manufacturing process. Coordinates with tool designers to specify and then procure new tooling, fixtures.
- Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards. Provides solution to problems that adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost utilizing APQP & lean processes.
- Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up, and work station layout.
- Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Researches methods and procedures for cost reduction, work cell development and material flow improvement.
- Assists in development and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
- Reviews preliminary designs, making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturing and quality on new or existing parts.
- Works with New Product Introduction teams to ensure manufacturing process supports and meets business needs.
- Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instruction.
- SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- Able to communicate with all levels and positions
- Presentation experience
- Understanding of financial metrics & measures
- Proficiency with PC's.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States without requiring Sponsorship
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Materials Industrial / Manufacturing Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Wisconsin US