Location: Dallas, Texas US
Job Number: 5881
Requisition Number: R8000
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The role of the Polaris PG&A Specialist is to lead the industry to drive sustainable dealership retail growth by partnering with dealers and field sales to identify, develop, and implement standardized dealership retail processes and improved consumer experiences, by ultimately leading to an ideal, repeatable in-store retail experience. The PG&A Specialist will drive profitability by leveraging product and process training to increase units and attachment rates. The PG&A Specialist will partner with various key Polaris PG&A dealer across North America by focusing on the three key areas of: Customer Centricity, Highly Efficent and Profitable Growth. The PG&A Specialist will spend a large amount of time traveling to the key dealers/partners around North America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Sales Leadership to identify dealer opportunities
- Partner with dealers to assess showroom, processes, and review profit opportunities within an assigned group of dealers
- Increase profitability through stocking, training, merchandising, best practices and process
- Build stronger relationships and offer increased support for large e-commerce dealers
- Develop recommendations and document repeatable best practices for dealership retail development
- Assist dealers in implementing programs and merchandising strategies/plans to maintain appropriate inventory and visibility of PG&A products
- Effectively communicate available tools with dealer network to address profit opportunities
- Utilize analytical skills to provide dealers space recommendations based on sales productivity, profitability and strategic alignment.
- Key partner to dealers to problem solve, improve, and innovate across dealership - maximize growth and business opportunity
- Drive ongoing partnership and sharing of best practices with other Field Sales members (District Retail Managers, Regional Sales Managers, etc)
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task, effectively manage conflicting priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Open to change and ambiguity; flexible and willing to adopt and drive new initiatives with an entrepreneurial perspective
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field strongly preferred
- 2-3 years business and retail experience required
- Working knowledge of business technologies, processes, merchandising, marketing within a retail operation; ideally within a dealership/franchise model
- Retail sales experience with product placement, store layouts or equivalent training
- Understanding, appreciation and passion for Polaris products
- Proficient in all MS Office software suite
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Must appreciate and maintain the highest level of customer service through relationship building and meeting commitments.
- Works semi-independently while taking direction/advice from manager and senior team members and communicating improvement recommendations to manager and senior team members.
- High mechanical aptitude - assembles products for displays and dealers as needed
- Extensive travel within territory of up to 80%
- Travel to remote locations and Corporate office may be required
- The following physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Frequent bending, twisting, stopping, reaching and lifting
- Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of time
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: PG&A Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US