ORV Test Technician
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5885
Requisition Number: R8084
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Testing and development for ORV Product Lines focused on vehicle data acquisition. Perform testing to validate components, resolve vehicle issues, and develop testing methods. Record, analyze, and report results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Vehicle setup and instrumentation
• Instrument vehicles with data acquisition system to measure strain, acceleration, force, voltage, current, temps, etc.
• Operate test equipment and vehicles in the field to collect desired inputs and usage information.
• Record and analyze test data.
• Communication and documentation of results.
• Organize and lead activities in the field.
• Must be willing to travel regularly, ~20% of the year.
• Data acquisition setup and troubleshooting.
• Fabrication of components and test fixtures.
• Keep good records and write test reports for tests conducted.
• Maintain strict confidentiality.
• Maintain a clean, safe work area and meet OSHA requirements.
• Good self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed.
• Able to communicate professionally and drive projects to timely completion.
• Perform other miscellaneous duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• High school diploma required
• 2-Year degree in a technical field preferred
• Basic computer skills required
• Valid drivers license required
• Must be capable of operating ORVs in extreme conditions
• Must be capable of driving trucks with trailers (
• Must be capable of operating forklifts
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Powersports experience preferred
• Data acquisition & diagnostic tool experience preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: ORV Test Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US