TAYLOR-DUNN Fabrication Specialist
Location: Anaheim, California US
Job Number: 5898
Requisition Number: R8238
The Fabrication Specialist is responsible in supporting the production in upstream work centers. Accountable for quality and quantity of production.
Receiving only general supervision, the incumbent sets up, operates and adjusts all fabrication equipment including iron workers, saws, grinders, flame cutters, sheet metal shears, notchers, punch presses, benders, turret punch/lasers and brake presses.
- Programs and adjusts NC controlled brake press and benders.
- Performs minor changes to turret punch/laser programs.
- Grinds, punches and dies to specification for punch press and turret punch.
- Occasionally works from incomplete sketches of special units.
- Provides instruction and training of the above machinery to those in lesser classifications.
- Work produced must maintain a satisfactory level of efficiency and quality.
- Keeps a neat, orderly workstation. Must work in a safe manner.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record within the guidelines of the Company attendance policy.
- Observe and comply with all Company safety rules and regulations.
EDUCATION High school education or GED required. Courses in shop mathematics helpful.
EXPERIENCE Minimum of five (5) years' experience in set-up and operation of all fabrication equipment and sheet metal layout.
SKILLS Broad knowledge of complicated sheet metal layout and precision measuring procedures and bend allowances, structural steel identifications, punching principles, bending characteristics and general uses. Must be proficient in the use of all required measuring equipment including tape measures, calipers, squares and protractors. Must be able to work from fairly complicated drawings, blueprints and specifications.
The job requires occasional lifting of up to twenty-five (25) pounds, with intermittent bending, squatting, walking, and reaching above shoulder level. Continuous sitting for approximately six (6) hours per day, constant use of telephone requiring clear and concise speech and hearing ability. May continuously operate a VDT using repetitive movements of the wrist, hands and/or fingers with extensive use of the eyes. The job may be exposed to low noise levels.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: TAYLOR-DUNN Fabrication Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Anaheim, California US