Seasonal Test Driver & Mechanic
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5907
Requisition Number: R8130
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Extensive operation of Snow test vehicles to validate performance and durability. Provide feedback and data to the product development team and perform vehicle maintenance, part installation, and repairs as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate Polaris recreational vehicles for extended periods of time to validate performance and durability
- Follow prescribed duty cycle to ensure thorough and consistent testing.
- Utilize data loggers to capture vehicle information.
- Perform maintenance, repairs, & update parts on test vehicles.
- Write daily logs reporting operating conditions, duty cycle, performance, vehicle failures, and status of test parts.
- Use of Digital photography.
- Perform tasks outlined in test requests and report results.
- Analyze test results and make recommendations for change.
- Must be willing to accept assignment changes and maintain a positive attitude toward change.
- Follow safe riding practices and ensure others do the same.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area and meet OSHA requirements.
- Willing to take test trips for extended periods.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Performs other assignments as requested.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma required
- 2-Year degree in technical field preferred
- Basic computer skills required
- Valid drivers license required, Class A CDL preffered or willing to obtain.
- Powersports experience required
- Must be capable of operating Snowmobiles in extreme conditions for extended periods of time
- Must be capable of driving trucks with trailers (
- Must be capable of operating fork lifts
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Data acquisition & diagnostic tool experience preferred
- Fabrication & welding preferred
- Minimum 3 years mechanic or technician experience preferred
- Must be a self starter and be able to complete projects/task without continued supervision
- Team environment
- Onsite Indoor Shop work environment for maintenance and repairs
- Off-site requires outdoor and/or shop trailer working conditons for maintenance and repairs
- All testing is conducted in all Winter Conditions within safe guidelines, not required to work in unsafe conditions.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Seasonal Test Driver & Mechanic
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US