Product Manager - Electric Motorcycles
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5910
Requisition Number: R8303
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for developing global product plans and product lifecycle management for the Motorcycles Division. Coordinates the development of market share targets and sales objectives; product design specifications, development and cost; product quality; market research; pricing and profit plans to ensure the commercial success of all new products, all guided by the "Voice Of The Customer". A key member of the division's team that works together to build a successful business for Polaris.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyzes global market data, competitive activity, demographic & lifestyle trends to identify market opportunities that align with the strategic objectives of the business.
• Develops and maintains key competitive segment analysis & summaries - specs, capabilities, timing, pricing.
• Studies consumer behavior that impact buying decisions for on-road vehicles and related products, as well as other consumer durables. Also tracks and monitors customer satisfaction data & trends.
• Identifies & conducts or coordinates various forms of market research.
Polaris Development Process
• Collaborates with industrial design, engineering, manufacturing, marketing and financial planning to develop early program specifications and business cases.
• Develops and maintains product management deliverables for PDP such as the Program Brief, Gate 1 Presentation, Business Case, and Go-To-Market Plans.
• Works closely with the product marketing team to effectively communicate key features and benefits of new products and updates. Review brochures, web info, press kit information for accuracy.
• Develops and recommends share targets, sales volume, pricing and profit margin forecasts.
• Makes volume and models-mix forecasts and coordinates with purchasing and manufacturing for adequate planning cycles.
Cross-functional work to deliver a great customer experience
• Recommends changes, improvements, or deletions in current products based on voice of customer.
• Coordinates plans for new accessories that support the target customer and enhance the product ownership and lifestyle experience with the PG&A division.
• Interfaces with Service & Warranty team as needed to ensure adequate in-field product support for dealers and customers.
• Represents division and company at various industry and consumer events.
• Collaborates with other division Product Specialists & Engineering team members on company-wide improvement initiatives.
• Documents and improves product management processes and tools for continuous improvement of business unit.
• Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent required. MBA a plus.
• 5 plus years relevant sales and marketing or product development experience.
• Strong analytical & Business finance skills.
• Excellent presentations skills. Ability to present to and persuade a wide range of audiences from Polaris Senior Management, to members of the press to dealers (sell the viability of commercial programs).
• Good communication and interpersonal skills. Team Player that is able to work well across and up and down the organization.
• Knowledge of quantitative & qualitative market research tools and techniques. Strong customer focus.
• Must be able to use product competently and have 5 plus years motorcycling experience. Extensive knowledge of off-road vehicles and other powersports and/or automotive products a plus.
• Standard office environment. Regular trips to Polaris engineering and manufacturing facilities.
• Some travel (primarily throughout US & Canada, occasionally overseas).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager - Electric Motorcycles
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US