Team Lead - FTA
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 5918
Requisition Number: R8286
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris is looking for Supervisor, Trade compliance (FTA) whose primary responsibility is to lead a team of dedicated individuals working on solicitation and qualification of free trade agreements, such as USMCA (United States-Mexico-Canada Free Trade Agreement), KORUS, country of origin assignment, and other trade compliance functions primarily for imports and exports to and from North America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Solicitation and Qualification groups and maintain trackers, report, SOPs etc.
- Reviewing audits in periodic manner and coordinating with Team/Manager to come up with effective corrective actions
- Maintaining proper metrics and reporting
- Coordinate closely with the stakeholders to establish and evaluating risk and to avoid overlaps and gaps in the process.
- Continually evaluate our processes and procedures and strive to make them more efficient.
- Work on the Duty-paid reports and any other ad-hoc activities from US team; maintaining tracker for Adhoc
- Formulate testing scenarios for TA upgrade testing each year.
- Analyze and monitor each team members skill set, expertise, provide constructive feedback and assess if they are right fit for the role.
- Creating and maintaining a back-up plan for all the Free trade process and training of the back-ups
- Demonstrates a contagious positive attitude and motivates others to do their best
- Responsible for development and performance management of the team
- Continuous improvement of team's performance through critical analysis of feedback received
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Any degree. Preferable MBA
- 8+ years of Trade Compliance experience. (Minimum 4 years of Free trade experience is a must)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Communicate to diverse groups across various teams
- Risk assessment capabilities
- Data analysis and handling
- Highly organized, analytical and high attention to detail
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and computer efficiency
- Strong influence skills
- Partners across the matrix and globe are working together to achieve team goals
- Problem solving skills, deep dive and being proactive
- Acts as mentor, coach and motivates
- Strong professional development and team building skills
- Standard office environment
- Flexibility with work timings and to have an overlap with the US central time zone
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Team Lead - FTA
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN