Sr. Embedded Control Systems Engineer - Engine Control Modules (ECMs)
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5931
Requisition Number: R8400
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As an Embedded Control Systems Engineer in our Global Electrical, Embedded, & Connected Systems Team you will be a pivotal member of our team; leading the development and platforming of Engine Control modules. This includes ECM component hardware/software requirements, diagnostics, and communications. You will work with the different vehicle product teams to integrate these subsystems and meet the needs of multiple vehicle product families, their platforms, derivatives, and accessories.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work across vehicle teams to understand and decompose vehicle system level requirements into ECM requirements; work closely with the Polaris Powertrain (PT) team and leveraging their team/expertise to develop PT specific feature requirements while maintaining responsibility for the definition of all communications and diagnostics as well as features not specific to PT
- Develop interface diagrams and work closely with engineers developing systems/components interfacing with the ECMs to ensure successful system integration
- Interface with Polaris sourcing and PT teams; Lead/facilitate technical aspects of supplier selection process
- Support validation team to develop, document, & execute controller, system, & vehicle-level validation plans/procedures for HW and SW including MIL/SIL/HIL simulation and/or bench/vehicle testing
- As applicable, work with the Cybersecurity team to develop secure architectures that continue to evolve as needed to ensure security as system complexity & threats evolve
- As applicable, ensure the system design & your development processes align with Functional Safety goals/standards (May include leading/participating in Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments (HARA), Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), etc.)
- Maintain controller development project plans and/or support projects engineers in doing so
- May perform calibration of certain controller diagnostics, communications and non-powertrain related features
- Lead platforming and roadmapping strategies for maximum efficiency and reuse across Polaris product lines
- Lead Root cause analysis and troubleshooting as needed
- Other duties as required. Some (domestic and international) travel required.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. or higher in Engineering required; Electrical, Software, Computer or related desired
- 5+ years' experience in design and/or implementation of embedded controls, especially related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication required, specifically engine controls preferred
- Experience drafting requirements and specifications for features or products Experience with communication networks required; CAN, UDS, and J1939 preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across numerous cross-functional teams within an organization
- Experience with software and/or hardware V&V efforts
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety strongly desired
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting methods required
- Experience in project management strongly preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Embedded Control Systems Engineer - Engine Control Modules (ECMs)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US