Manufacturing Engineer - Expert (SME), Injection Molding - Global Ops
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5932
Requisition Number: R8407
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This position will evaluate, develop and improve Injection Molding applications including materials, processes, tooling, equipment, and emerging technologies, to optimize quality, cost and performance in a safe manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Operations, Product Engineering and Industrial Design teams with the development, justification, and execution of long range plans to meet corporate objectives, including transitioning to right Tools, Equipment, Materials, Processes and Systems.
- Research, develop and implement materials, tooling and processes to improve injection molding performance, including but not limited to quality, efficiency, uptime and cost.
- Applies diversified knowledge of materials, equipment, tooling and processing to support new product development, flawless execution of new product introduction as well as warranty reduction activities as they relate to injection molded components.
- Practice considerable creativity and initiative to provide troubleshooting support and countermeasure implementation.
- Function as technical liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and external suppliers to resolve quality, cost and delivery issues.
- Implement and monitor advanced quality planning and provide technical support when and where needed.
- Research new materials, tooling, processes & manufacturing technologies, coordinate procurement and trials as well support implementation into manufacturing.
- Assess current materials, processes and systems used in Product Design as well in Manufacturing and create or support the creation of a roadmap when proposing to transition to new and improved materials or processes.
- Promote quality, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance (including presses, tooling, auxiliary equipment, etc.), good housekeeping, and safety practices.
Skills & Knowledge:
- BS / MS degree in Mechanical or Other Related Engineering
- 7+ years related experience
- Scientific molding experience (Master Molder or equivalent preferably).
- Proficiency English is a must; Preferred Spanish speaking capability due to high interaction with Monterrey, MX location
- DFMEA and PFMEA development and assessment
- Demonstrated expertise in automotive injection molding technologies and processes.
- Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
- Value Stream Mapping and Process Optimization
- Project management - initiating, planning, executing project work
- High level of analytical ability to apply to unusual and difficult problems.
Business & Leadership Skills:
- Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with cross functional teams.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority.
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear and concise technical documentation.
- Ability to travel (25%) to support product launches, new technology implementations and overall injection molding troubleshooting across the plant network in Mexico and the United States.
- The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions.
- The passion to set and meet high standards of performance.
- The ability to persuade others to support the company agenda / objectives.
- The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer - Expert (SME), Injection Molding - Global Ops
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US