Controls Engineer - Project Management Office
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5937
Requisition Number: R8376
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Controls Engineer is responsible for controls and automation tasks as assigned in support of Polaris Global Operations. Assigned tasks will include overseeing the purchase, installation, and qualification of controls and automation equipment used in the manufacturing process. The Controls Engineer will be responsible for the following items.
Equipment specification - define the framework of control and automation specifications. Detail the capital, tooling, and equipment requirements for the project, including vendor selection and negotiations Project Execution - coordinate the installation of the equipment and lead the integration, installation and start up of the equipment, controls, and automation devices. Support the onsite team during startup and ramp up until the safety, quality, productivity, and delivery requirements are met. Supports with generating standard work, operator and maintenance training materials. Project Management -- develop timeline to procure, install and validate the equipment. Create the project schedule, cost and performance expectations. Identify risks and implementing effective countermeasures. Track and report progress on assigned work and coordinate with other workstream leaders to implement the controls and automation required for the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop standards and specific control methods for new and existing equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Oversee installation of control systems on new and/or existing equipment.
- Make programming changes that are required to maintain and improve the manufacturing process.
- Analyze and recommend improvement to manufacturing processes, which will benefit from automation techniques.
- Develop and maintain required documentation to support controls applications used in the manufacturing process, including operation and maintenance.
- Create and modify schematics with AutoCAD.
- Train production and maintenance personnel in control operations, maintenance and programming functions.
- Assist with the design of new tooling used in the manufacturing process which support process control and automation.
- Maintain compliance with company policies, quality standards, safety standards and OSHA compliance.
- Identify risks and develop plans to minimize risks. Provide contingency planning for projects.
- Ongoing communication of project status to management team.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS in engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years in a related technical or manufacturing role
- Experience with and/or knowledge of production technologies, manufacturing processes, industrial equipment design and troubleshooting, and Lean principles
- Experience with: Allen Bradley PLCs - Specifically ControlLogix and MicroLogix, Allen Bradley Panelview plus HMIs, and Allen Bradley VFDs
- Experience troubleshooting and commissioning fieldbus networks (Ethernet/IP and DeviceNet)
- Robot programming, vision systems, and electrical panel building experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCad
- Ability to coordinate and influence other project members across geographies and without direct report relationships
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and with suppliers, customers and outside agencies
- Working knowledge of manufacturing cost drivers and accounting principles
- Travel required to the project sites and vendors as required to support key events, can be up to 50% travel around startup and launch periods
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Controls Engineer - Project Management Office
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US