Product Safety & Quality Leader
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5940
Requisition Number: R8379
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Leads the identification and escalation of product safety and quality concerns for Post Sales Surveillance (PSS). Works cross-functionally with Business Units to trend, analyze, and lead data driven decisions regarding product safety and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyzes technical and consumer service calls, warranty, warranty parts return data, social media, consumer surveys, and other sources to identify statistical trends relating to product safety and quality.
- Assist and document product safety investigations.
- Leads cross-functional Early Warning meetings to inform Global Business Units of emerging issues.
- Monitor, analyze & trend model year warranty and out-of-warranty expenses & rates.
- Provides reliability analysis, insight, and tracking.
- Advocate on behalf of customers and dealers, providing insight to product development through service/claim comments and market research.
- Analyzes field problems and supports identification and implementation of solutions with Global Business Unit engineering teams.
- Identify and execute process improvements within PSS organization.
- Supports creation and validation of new tools / processes to analyze and monitor field signals created by the PSS Data Team.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree required; engineering degree preferred.
- 3 years' previous experience in product quality engineering, or service preferred
- Proficient with data analytics, trending and reporting
- Extensive use of the Microsoft Office suite. Experienced with Excel & Pivot Tables. Experience with JIRA software a plus.
- Strong problem-solving, communication & ability to influence required.
- Engineering and office environment conditions.
- Infrequent travel on occasion and according to needs of business as project(s) dictate
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Safety & Quality Leader
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US