PMO Project Lead
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5944
Requisition Number: R8375
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Project Lead is responsible for project management tasks as assigned in support of Polaris Global Operations. Assigned tasks will include overseeing the purchase, installation, and qualification of capital equipment used in the manufacturing process. The Project Lead will be responsible for the following items.
Project Management -- develop timeline to procure, install and validate the equipment. Responsible for project schedule, cost and performance expectations. Identify risks and implementing effective countermeasures. Tracking and reporting progress on all work streams and coordinating with other workstream leaders to deliver the overall project. Equipment specification - assists workstream leaders with detailing the capital, tooling, and equipment requirements to for the project, including vendor selection and negotiations. Process Execution - work with pitch & catch teams to define, plan, and execute a process training program. Supports with generating standard work and operator training materials. Start of Production and Ramp Up - supporting and mentoring the onsite team during key production events until the safety, quality, productivity, and delivery metrics are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, plan, communicate, and implement assigned project(s) using a cross functional team.
- Work closely with other Project Leads, Project Director and Department Managers to ensure all aspects of the project are successfully completed.
- Responsible for leading assigned work streams and achieving the project's, safety, quality, schedule, performance and cost goals.
- Oversee the procurement of the capital equipment needed to meet project objectives for performance, cost, and project timing.
- Identify and resolve, with the team any potential deviations from the approved project plan. Manage the critical path to achieve agreed upon milestones on time.
- Drive application of proven best practices and management philosophies across locations.
- Perform responsibilities common to all project management positions (e.g. communicate, train, develop, motivate, support top management) for optimum utilization of company's human resources.
- Identify risks and develop plans to minimize risks. Provide contingency planning for projects.
- Ongoing communication of project status to management team.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS in engineering, business, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years in a technical or manufacturing role with previous project management experience
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Polaris' products, production technologies, manufacturing processes, and Lean principles required
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCad
- Ability to coordinate and influence other project members across geographies and without direct report relationships
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and with suppliers, customers and outside agencies.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing cost drivers and accounting principles
- Travel required to the project sites and vendors as required to support key events, can be up to 50% travel at times.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: PMO Project Lead
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US