Designer - Plastics Body System
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5950
Requisition Number: R8346
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The role is responsible for the design of plastic body system components, management of module assemblies and creation of associated drawings for Off Road Vehicle (ORV) products. Work closely with program architects, systems engineers, and project teams to create and execute industry-leading designs. Employee will also interact with design and drawing resources, both employees and contract, located onsite and at remote locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes direction from Project Engineers supporting body system development.
- Utilize 3D modeling software to design injection molded plastic body components.
- Must understand injection molding design methodology.
- Must be proficient in both solid modeling and surfacing.
- Create presentations communicating design concepts.
- Create and maintain body module assemblies.
- Ensure proper clearances are maintained to other systems.
- Create component and assembly drawings.
- Must be proficient in utilizing GD&T
- Design check fixtures.
- Support design reviews.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 4+ years plastics design experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience with surfacing and solid modeling.
- Prefer experience with large assembly management.
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience in drafting, GD&T.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Designer - Plastics Body System
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US