Rework Mechanic - Dealer Support (Tacoma, WA)
Location: Seattle, Washington US
Job Number: 5952
Requisition Number: R8452
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
OneRework Mechanic position to be located in Tacoma, WA.
The Rework Mechanic is responsible for the execution of rework projects. This includes providing project management, planning, and execution to ensure proper safety, quality, delivery, and cost as it relates to rework initiatives. Direction will be provided by the Rework Supervisor. This role will operate primarily out of specific Distribution facilities around the US. Travel will be 25% or more, depending on the scope and details of each rework project.
- Identify and perform a variety of repairs to vehicles in preparation for delivery
- Assemble and disassemble vehicles, engines, clutches, and other systems
- Assist in creating standard work for rework processes
- Read and follow standard work or repair manual for instruction
- Use a computer to register defaults or repairs
- Assure all vehicles meet quality standards and specifications before shipment
- Coach and support temporary rework team members
- Create and execute work processes that align with Polaris LIFE/safety standards
- Train others on rework standard work
Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years of production or related hands-on experience required
- Ability to work independently
- Effective communication, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Technical expertise and functional knowledge of engineering documentation, manufacturing process control, and technical data
- Ability to lead a team of hourly resources when scaled to large volume rework
- Ability to travel as needed by projects (25% or more)
- Must have a valid driver's license and ability to rent a vehicle for business travel
- AA degree (or equivalent) in Process, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Rework Mechanic - Dealer Support (Tacoma, WA)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US