Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5962
Requisition Number: R8474
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Logistics Specialist, PG&A is responsible for the organization, support, tracking and flow of communication between internal and external transportation partners regarding shipment creation, movement and payment. In addition, will be the key point of contact for warehousing, international trade, cross docking, freight forwarders, distribution centers, third party logistics providers, and dealer support. Will also be responsible for coordinating timely results in ad hoc shipment reporting and the execution of logistics freight payment resolution, reporting and audit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dispatch, log/report, and identify common occurrences in PG&A Logistics inbox and troubleshoot root cause.
- Serve as POC for all PG&A freight payment inquires.
- Execute weekly freight payment audit and monthly accrual.
- Execute daily/weekly/monthly PG&A general ledger coding for all shipments in Customer Approval Process and/or ad hoc inquiries.
- Perform and support high level analysis for parcel and LTL/TL freight claim reporting data.
- Support partnership with both international and domestic external parcel accounting personnel to ensure all invoices are within terms of payment agreement.
- Partner with Global Logistics, Planning, Engineering, PG&A Finance and freight payment auditor to support sustainable general ledger processes.
- Serve as SME for parcel shipment intercept, account use and service level needs.
- Execute and/or provide support in high level ad hoc Logistics operational needs.
- Maintain/support partnership with 3rd Party freight auditor while serving as SME and POC.
- Support the dealer network by providing accurate information on status of each shipment and other dealer inquiries regarding transportation and delivery of products.
- Serve as point of contact for Polaris Trade Compliance to support compliance with all requirements and standards from Customs, taxes and other local regulations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree or years of experience equivalent in Operations, Logistics, Business, or similar.
- At least three (3) years of experience in logistics, freight, & prefer experience in international trade.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, SQL, Alteryx and/or Tableau/Power BI preferred but not required.
- Analytical curiosity to uncover new methods of transportation concepts to drive results.
- Experience and working knowledge of parcel carrier operations such as UPS, FedEx or the like.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced ambiguous environment where multi-tasking is common practice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
- Must be familiar with and understand laws and regulations related to import/export operations.
- Strong sense of urgency, accountability and focus on customer satisfaction.
- Standard office environment
- Minimal travel to PG&A warehouses, carriers, suppliers, and dealers
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Spec, Logistics
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US