Technical Writer- Accessories
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5966
Requisition Number: R8424
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Technical Writer is responsible for the design, development, writing and editing of our vehicles' accessory instructions to meet dealer and customer needs, and to support corporate goals for quality, growth, and global capability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage multiple project priorities and work schedule based on deadlines and input from production schedules and PRS work lists, as well as special requests from team members and other customers.
- Assist with the implementation of new technologies and processes related to publications development. Gather material for writing assignments from engineering, service, PG&A, legal, compliance and other sources as applicable.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments in accordance with set standards in regard to order, clarity, conciseness, style, formatting, terminology and grammar.
- Edit, standardize or make changes as needed to material provided by others.
- Meet with stakeholders/customers/peers to discuss or review projects as needed.
- Create or obtain illustrations, photographs, and other graphic components to illustrate material.
- Deliver completed publications to the dealer extranet, translators and internal customers based on project requirements. Document each file delivery location and date.
- Execute LEAN initiatives.Drive out waste in processes and systems. Increase productivity, speed and quality/accuracy.
- Think about publications and requirements globally.Consider International product development teams and customers when developing publications solutions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field desired; comparable or equivalent work experience with an Associate's Degree is considered.
- 2+ years of publication experience using an electronic publishing system is strongly desired.
- Product knowledge required with hands-on mechanical experience is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of basic mechanical concepts required.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Sincere desire to meet customer expectations.
- Effective verbal and written skills. Excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Ability to learn essential software as required for the position such as Windchill, Arbortext, Creo Illustrate and the Adobe suite of tools.
- Ability to comprehend technical and non-technical information and ideas presented verbally and in writing; ability to communicate the information and ideas in writing so others (the users) will understand.
- Ability to collaborate with other writers to meet publication deadlines.
- Ability to understand the implications of new information and anticipate its potential effect on both current and future projects.
- Ability to evaluate whether information, events or processes comply with (or could conflict with) laws, regulations or standards.
- An understanding of the powersports industry is preferred.
Very fast-paced, dynamic culture in an office environment.
Travel as needed (approximately 5-10%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Writer- Accessories
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US