Location: Phoenix, Arizona US
Job Number: 5977
Requisition Number: R8514
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This Test Engineer position will be based in our Arizona shop and will have responsibility over the Arizona shop that the Polaris Motorcycle and Powertrain teams use for maintaining field test bikes, performing various evaluation rides, and various test activities to support the engineering and development team located in MN. This position will coordinate activity with test riders, perform service, maintenance, and updates to the bikes as needed, and perform various test activities in the shop, on the road, and support test trips at nearby automotive proving grounds.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate test activity in the shop.
- Manage field test bike fleet as needed for service, maintenance, and updates as needed.
- Communicate with test riders to ensure clear feedback is entered in daily mileage logs.
- Work with engineering team to complete tests including but not limited to: Calibration evaluation, suspension evaluation, data acquisition, and other tests.
- Ensure tests are properly executed and reported back in a timely manner.
- Support project teams in determining validation issue root cause and provide potential solutions.
- Conduct test requests using existing procedures and customer requests.
- Instrument vehicles to measure strain, acceleration, force, voltage, current, etc.
- Instrument field test bikes with data loggers and sensors as needed.
- Utilize test hardware and software including Somat eDaq, nCode, Aptiv, and ReliaSoft products.
- Train and mentor others in testing methodologies.
- Improve existing and develop new test procedures as required.
- Ensure safety is a priority for all activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 25% to other test facilities and to the Product Development facility in MN.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related required.
- Minimum of 2 years test experience preferred.
- Motorcycle driver's license endorsement and minimum of 3 years motorcycle riding experience required. Advanced motorcycle rider training desired.
- Hands-on knowledge of motorcycle systems including suspension, brakes, electrical, structures, intake, exhaust and calibration or similar is preferred.
- High mechanical aptitude - able to work on a variety of motorcycles
- Self-motivated - able to work alone with little guidance
- Experienced with data acquisition and signal processing desired.
- Strong technical analysis and problem-solving skills required.
- Must be conscientious, detail oriented, committed to quality and timeliness in your deliverables.
- Experience conducting tests at automotive proving grounds is preferred.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Test Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Phoenix, Arizona US