Owner Connections Technical Specialist - Ride Command Application
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5982
Requisition Number: R8481
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Indian Motorcycle Group's primary mission is to build a brand based on customer centricity that delivers a premium experience for Indian Motorcycle owners. Within the team, the Owner Connections Specialist leads the way in relationship building, communication, and critical thinking to pioneer a new approach to customer engagement. The Owner Connections Specialist is a brand champion who delivers a personalized, high touch experience to help our customers navigate whatever road they're on. This representative will act as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Ride Command systems and serve as primary contact for Ride Command calls, cases, and questions. They will actively partner with our Ride Command technical team to communicate field issues, trending topics, and bug/fix issues to drive solutions for our customers.
Responsibilities include managing inbound contacts, proactively reaching out to new owners, monitoring Social Media forums, and special projects. We fuel the passion of riders around the world by delivering innovative, high-quality vehicles, products, services and experiences that enrich lives- join us today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with customers in a highly personalized way; fluidly adapt to changes in conversation direction
- Act as a unifying voice to facilitate problem solving, research, and dispute resolution between Indian & Slingshot Motorcycle Dealers, Dealer Services, Field Sales, and Customers
- Diffuse and resolve complex customer situations - manage escalated customer contacts
- Manage cases with a commitment to swift resolution and consistent communication to customers
- Provide expertise on a variety of motorcycle products (bikes, accessories and apparel) representing the features and benefits; share personalized recommendations
- Monitor non-owned social channels (e.g. motorcycle forums) for Indian Motorcycle conversation and sentiment; respond publicly on behalf of the brand
- Conduct proactive outreach to customers who have shared reviews online and via surveys
- Engage with customers on product launch programs to provide a customized purchase experience
- Drive customer centricity by influencing people across the organization to think of the customer in every decision
- Generate product / process ideas based off of first-hand customer and dealer insights
- Drive engagement on key business initiatives through dealer outreach
- Partner with Service Engineering to ensure timely and effective resolution of immediate issues, and application to future design
- Collaborate cross functionally with Marketing and Sales teams to ensure a flawless go to market experience for product launches and promotions
- Represent division and company as spokesperson at corporate and product launch events; lead resolution of owner concerns
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred; Associate's Degree with equivalent working experience is required
- Independent analytical problem solving skills- balance practical experience with creative solutions is required
- A passion for the lifestyle that Indian Motorcycle & Polaris Slingshot is helping create for our customers
- Knowledge of Ride Command website, In-Vehicle units, and Mobile App
- Technical/Mechanical aptitude a plus
- Cross-functional influencing capabilities, able to work well across and up and down the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proficient in explaining complex situations to customers in an easy to understand fashion
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, and Sharepoint
- Motorcycle, Powersports, or automotive dealership experience preferred
- AS400 experience preferred
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Primary focus working directly with Indian Motorcycle customers via phone and electronic communication
About Polaris :
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Owner Connections Technical Specialist - Ride Command Application
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US