Materials Process Technician
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 5985
Requisition Number: R7303
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
- New Hires must have 1 year Continuous Service from Polaris Hire Date
- 6 Months Between Department Transfers
- No Active Corrective Actions
- 3 or Less Attendance Occurrences
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review, if applicable.
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain accuracy of processes during production. Modify processes as required for product orders and effective immediately. Correct errors and work with operators to constantly improve process clarification and effectiveness. Have all process changes approved by the material flows engineers.
• Maintain and update PFEP documents to ensure supplier packaging, order quantity, enforcer, load/delivery codes are accurate.
• Perform or coordinate analysis as determined and document results. Included could be repack standard of work for carts, photo's, tear downs, integrity tests, material analysis, performance tests, durability tests, process and dimensional criteria.
• Work with Supervisors and Group Leads to make incremental improvements in material delivery and storage. Work with MFE. Engineers and Maintenance to implement.
• Work with material flow group with the procurement of project items and implementation.
• Work with facility group to update and detail CAD layouts representing warehouse layouts.
• Keep organized documentation and display samples from the analysis for reference.
• Perform time studies to resolve workflow problems.
• Work with QA on resolution of problems related to defects in material related to material handling. Assist in improving First Time Quality for the business unit.
• Work with manufacturing group to manage product flow to the assembly line.
• Team members are expected to work wherever needed based on training.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Work with training group to ensure all team members have documented training completed.
• Strong computer skills required
Minimum Skills and Abilities
1. Must have proven leadership abilities.
2. Must have superior knowledge of assembly processes.
3. Must be able to troubleshoot issues with manufacturing processes.
4. Must demonstrate effective communication skills.
5. Must be collaborative and team-oriented
6. Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
7. Must be innovative and open to new ideas.
8. Must support and understand Lean Manufacturing concepts.
9. Must exhibit consistent proficiency in all above skills, abilities, responsibilities and Leadership
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Materials Process Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US