EHSS Tech - 3rd Shift
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 5987
Requisition Number: R8469
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Requirements for Internal Promotion
- 3 or less attendance occurrences in either bucket
- No more than 3 tardies & 3 absences
- 6 months between department transfers
- No active corrective actions
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review if applicable
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
The EHS Technician is a non-supervisory role in the function and is fully qualified to work independently while satisfying accountability. This position would benefit having industry and EHS experience which includes performance analysts, emergency responders, and technical specialists. The role can be a development role for those desiring further progression to supervision/management. This role should be capable of providing EHS needs for projects requirements.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of EHS policy, procedures and manuals.
- Assists with the preparation of reports, presentations and studies using a combination of software and tools.
- Prepares documentation and correspondence, composes memos, transcribes notes, and takes dictation and meeting minutes.
- Organizes and maintains confidential files and records of a particularly sensitive nature.
- Track incidents and maintains EHS records and EHS tracking database system; Assists with incident investigations related to accidents and near misses. Works with all employees to instill a safe work environment, determining the awareness level, discussing policies and procedures, advising on the best means of following those policies and procedures, and coaching to improve behavior as needed.
- Participates in diverse activities such as plan development and implementation, proposal review, incident investigation report review, and assessments.
- Interfaces with project providing leadership and coaching to facilitate continuous EHS performance improvement.
- Facilitates and provides guidance in coaching and mentoring programs with all employees
- Participate in safety related projects as needed and identified based on plant wide safety priorities or departmental needs.
- Coordinate and support activities with the operations teams to identify and complete safety and improvement action items.
- Complete environmental safety and health related inspections and evaluations.
- Conduct environmental safety and health related trainings as needed.
- Assist in ergonomic issues and assessments.
- Assist in driving root cause for all safety incidents.
- Help drive VIP savings throughout the facility.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Base understanding of EHS programs, policies, procedures and systems that apply to assignments.
- Some internal experience preferred in order to know the business and organizational structure and administrative procedures, documentation requirements, processes and systems.
- PC skills and proficiency with MS programs and EHS system with ability to efficiently download, manipulate and report data, run ad-hoc reports and logic check data.
- PRISM experience preferred.
- Ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats in order to independently complete assignments.
- Ability to resolve problems and questions independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills for inter-departmental and external company interaction.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Ability to comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Polaris's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures
- Prepare and submit EHS reports to the EHS Manager.
- Collaborate with contractors, subcontractors, construction managers and Owner's representatives to ensure the contractors/subcontractors have a safe work plan in place prior to the commencement of work.
- Maintain EHS related records and documentation and ensure that contractors comply with the project-agreed record retention requirements.
- Coordinate thorough investigation of all EHS incidents.
- Coordinate audits to eliminate conditions and work practices that pose EHS risks.
- Conduct unscheduled and scheduled inspections of work areas in conjunction with project management, contractors and employees as applicable Position requires a self-motivated individual who can perform multiple tasks.
- Record of high performance and proven strength in behaviors consistent with the Polaris Values, personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to workday flexible hours on a regular basis with overtime and weekend work as necessary.
- 70% of workday will be in the area of the production floor.
- While performing the duties of this job, is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: EHSS Tech - 3rd Shift
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US