Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5990
Requisition Number: R8570
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As a member of the Structural Test team, gather data for structural analysis, design, and validation purposes by instrumenting vehicles with test equipment using current procedures. Lead test activities on development/concept vehicles using various equipment. Travel and mechanical work required.
- Leads test planning and executes data collection trips to remote locations
- Understanding of the installation and usage of instrumentation for Load, Acceleration, Displacement and, Strain
- Operation of prototype vehicles and data collection test equipment
- Basic understanding of test data processing.
- Maintain and organize equipment to ensure efficient reliable operation.
- Complete and submit technical test reports upon completion of test activities
- Maintains and communicates an up to date schedule of testing and down time
- Seek out and attend job related training opportunities.
- Motivated self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of field test and lab test data
- Maintains a well-organized clean work area and meet OSHA requirements
- Ability to present self professionally and successfully work with vendors
- Maintain strict confidentiality
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 4-year Engineering technology degree
- 3-5 years related technical experience preferred
- Test data collection, processing, and analysis using Somat eDAQ
- Excellent hands-on experience with trouble shooting electrical systems.
- Experience performing vehicle and system-level testing
- Experienced with test planning and coordination
- Quality and customer-focused
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic understanding of metal fatigue is preferred
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment with travel up to 50%
- Time split between office and shop/test labs.
- Flexible work arrangementavailable
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Test Technologist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US