Sr. CAE Engineer, Vehicle Dynamics
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5998
Requisition Number: R8594
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Provide technical leadership and engineering support in the area of vehicle dynamics to enhance the Polaris corporate strategy in this critical area of vehicle design. Actively participate with design teams to develop world class chassis system designs. This position reports to the Off-Road Vehicle CAE Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Dynamic Analysis; Use MBD tools to predict the complex dynamic response of two- and three-wheel motorcycles and other powersport vehicles.
- Knowledgebase Creation; Including the development of ride and handling procedures, methods, and metrics.
- Test Data Analysis; Understand design performance through test data analysis.
- Correlation; Examination of test data to drive correlation and CAE model development
- Technical Leadership and Mentoring; Lead other team members in the areas of dynamics and vibration. Generate technical / design solutions. Provides technical leadership and consultation across all levels of the organization. Participate in peer group activities. Polaris technical representative to the external environment.
- Methods Development; Implementation of customer focused Polaris specific CAE tools and best practices. Automation and continuous improvement.
- Early Integration; Apply knowledge and tools to the architecture selection and target setting early in design.
- Stretch Assignments: Work includes exposure to many vehicles and types of problems, including stretch opportunities outside of core responsibilities. Technology development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Vehicle Dynamics: Complete knowledge of the vehicle dynamics topic for motorcycles and other powersports vehicles, including overall architecture and systems engineering principals. Understands technical principles and can apply these for the benefit of the business. Includes regulatory and technical standards review and writing.
- 6+ years in Vehicle Dynamics with a BS in Engineering, and with MS highly desired.
- Expert level skills in MBD tools to predict full vehicle and systems interactions. Test methods, test methods development, and data post-processing.
- Has good working knowledge in the durability, performance, safety, and NVH attributes.
- Experimental / numerical data correlation, MBD model validation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player with the ability to work effectively with teams. Ability to work in diverse and co-located teams A diverse experience in CAE software.
- Great motorcycle product knowledge and a powersports enthusiast is a definite plus
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some travel required between Polaris sites.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. CAE Engineer, Vehicle Dynamics
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US