Sr. Systems Engineer - Chassis/Structures
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 6010
Requisition Number: R8638
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As a Structural Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Polaris Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) Team, you will be expected to provide support and leadership to Product Line Technical Engineers on multiple projects. This involves creating design requirements and assisting in the development of new ORV chassis, including the frame and Roll-Over Protection System (ROPS). Further duties include improving the performance, cost, and quality of ORV structures by leading the creation of specifications and best practices, as well as, the investigation, development, and implementation of new technologies and methods that complement the long-range product plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create specifications, complete the design, and analyze structural components and assemblies in support of the development and refinement of off-road vehicles
- Assist in the advancement of cab design in support of providing an in-cab rider experience that is industry leading.
- Support chassis predevelopment and platforming activity as well assist in the investigation, development, and implementation of new technology
- Mentor and support the development of other engineers
- Interact and direct resources across multiple engineering sites and work collaboratively with on/offshore resources to reach final design in the most efficient means
- Initiate and maintain schedules, DFMEAs, DVP&Rs, and cost estimates.
- Work with the quality team on root cause analysis activities to gather, analyze, track, and report on warranty and other consumer quality information related to structural components
- Develop standard work processes and procedures for the design and analysis of structures
- Domestic and international travel may be required (
- Take responsibility for other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of experience in the design and analysis of structures in an applicable industry is required
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, aerospace, or agricultural engineering required
- Deep understanding of structures design, analysis, manufacturing, and validation required
- Experience with bolted joint analysis, GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups, and engineering standards is required
- Experience with Ansys, Hyperworks, or similar FEA is strongly preferred
- Ability to drive vehicles for development and testing purposes is preferred
- Ability to communicate well and work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Systems Engineer - Chassis/Structures
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US